Thoughts on the Process of Painting

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Purpose for this Blog

I hope to be more expressive here. I also hope for more interaction and feed back with others.
I plan to do more creatively in what ever medium suits my fancy. I plan to talk about my thoughts and display my progress.
Art has always had an important place in my life. While I never gave up working to improve my art skills I raised four beautiful daughters. I knew I wanted and needed to do something with art I just didn't know what or how. I fought through many difficult times and difficult people to never let go of this dream.



Somehow I have managed to stay positive although sometimes I wonder how. I think my need to create and get better has made me hang on.


I continually try to learn from my mistakes in life including trusting people so openly.  There will be no more interference to this important pursuit in my life. My plan from now on is to develop relationships with those who will assist me in acheiving my dreams. I will from now on avoid those that do nothing more than bring me down.


I hope to pass on my knowledge of life and art on to my talented daughters so they can avoid the pitfalls I have had.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Julie, you are an amazing artist! Pat and I look forward to having you to our home to paint a mural, maybe more than one! I'm not an artist but an intuitive thought comes to me when I hear you talk about fighting to paint from a real model other than a photo...what if rather than fighting you were flowing? Small reframe that may help. Let me know!

    Whatever you do ...keep on painting and I love the way you are reaching out to community to help you share your beautiful art!

    Thank you!

    :-) Tracy M.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Tracy for your kind and encouraging words. I would love to come out. I'd like to scout out possible galleries, frame shops or even restaurants to show my work there.
    You guys would get a special deal of course on mural work. 35 years of friendship means something! :)

    ReplyDelete